Keyboard Adapter for TRS80 Model 3/4
NEWKEY/80 - Possible Bad power cable? Important!
I have had a report that one of the NEWKEY/80 4-wire power splitters from my supplier had the yellow (+12v) and red (+5v) wires reversed. I believe this to be a unique occurrence but to be safe please read the following notice.
NEWKEY/80 Power Cable Warning PDF
A low-cost version of the famous NEWKEY/80 keyboard adapter.
Includes NEWKEY/80 LITE, micro-usb to USB cable, case, deluxe ribbon cable, and power connectors.
Note: This lite version of NEWKEY/80 only supports wired USB keyboards*
For PS/2 keyboards, a joystick port, or wireless USB keyboard support please see the NEWKEY/80 "DUO-JOY" version.
*Future firmware updates might be able to support wireless keyboards but this feature is not currently available on NEWKEY/80 Lite due to limitations of the TinyUSB library.
(USA Only Please)
Only $46 + $6.50 s/h
- Replace your broken or poorly functioning TRS-80 keyboard
- More familiar PC keyboard layout
- Use your favorite wired USB keyboard on your TRS-80
- Wired USB keyboard interface
- Compatible with TRS80 Model 3 and Model 4 (Model 4P not currently supported)
- Can work simultaneously with existing keyboard, if desired (when using the included deluxe ribbon cable)
- Compact size. Mounts inside TRS80 case
- Compatible with most standard wired USB PC keyboards
- Fast and accurate key response
- Native TRS-80 key repeat
- Handles special keys independently (arrows, space, control, break, shift, @) for excellent compatibility
- Works great with games and applications
- Supports TRS80 Control key sequences (Shift+Down for control code input)
- Upgradable firmware to allow for enhancements and bug fixes
- NEWKEY/80 mounts inside the TRS80 case. This is a fairly easy process but does require +5v and ground connections. Recommend method is to tap in to existing TRS80 power supply. A 4-pin Molex Disk Drive power Y-adapter cable and a plain 2-wire power connector are included.
- The NEWKEY/80 keyboard port is located on the adapter and is therefore located inside the TRS80 case.
- A USB extension cable (not included) can be used to route the keyboard connector outside of the TRS80 case.
- Wireless keyboards are not currently supported